Monday, August 9, 2010

Packing

Well today is a great day. But I have mixed emotions.
You see, it's the day before a big trip.
I love these days because I get excited. I'm going home to see all of my family and friends. I am going to go on some fun excursions while I am there.
But I have mixed emotions. Mostly because I am going to really miss my family here, especially my husband and my two dogs. They are my sweethearts and I will miss them so much. Plus, my niece will be going off to college, so that is going to be hard to miss too.
The other mixed emotion I have stems from hatred.
It's hatred of packing.
I dread packing. I can't really decide if I hate packing or unpacking more. All I know is that it's the one thing I hate about trips. Packing.
First of all, you never know quite what to wear. I have dress clothes, and then I have casual clothes, and then clothes for around the house. Add your underwear and night clothes, and you've got one suitcase all filled up.
I can never get by with one suitcase because I have to have a medical suitcase with all of my medical junk. I have medicine and diabetic supplies. I have enough medical supplies for the entire plane if need be!
I don't know why I hate packing. It's all worth it in the end. I get to see my family, and that's really all that matters.
I will pack now, unpack when I get there, pack up when it's time to leave and then unpack when I get home. Not to mention packing up for all of the little trips I have to take once I get to Maryland. You see we'll be going to Virginia and Pennsylvania and Delaware. I'll have to have bags for each of those destinations.
I know I'll be okay on the trip. Whether I survive the packing for the trip is another story.
For those who read my blog, I will be blogging sporadically on this trip and I will return to my daily posts on Sept. 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment