Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Changing of the Tube

For most of you who know me, you know my condition. I have the disease Lupus, which is an autoimmune disease. It basically can mess with any part of your body it decides to. For the most part it can destroy the kidneys, the heart, the lungs, any thing it wants to. Lupus has wreaked havoc on my stomach and pancreas. I have a condition where my stomach won't move and I had to have a tube put in my small intestine which bypasses my stomach. I am tube fed through a machine. I can eat a little bit by mouth, but I get sick when I eat much, so basically I eat a little and I am tube fed. I can eat a little bit of soup, crackers and anything the consistency of mashed potatoes.
Anyway, I say all this to tell you about the changing of my tube. My husband has to manually change this tube that is in my small intestine. He has to take it out and put it back in and make sure it's functioning. I can't do it myself because of its location. I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but it's kind of a gross process.
Last night was the first time Kevin had to change my tube without the doctor's supervision. He literally had to change the tube by himself.
When we got married 10 years ago, I am sure he never imagined that he would be changing a tube in his wife's disgusting intestine. I'm sure he never imagined he'd have to go through half of the things he's had to endure. But he does. And he never complains. He just says he loves me and he'd do anything for me.
I am completely amazed by this man and his love. I was so scared that the tube wouldn't go in because we've had trouble with it before and it was quite the ordeal. But it went it smooth sailing.
My verse for today is one of thankfulness that things went okay and the changing of the tube was successful. It's one of thankfulness for the GREATEST husband on the earth. From I Thessalonians 5:18, this is my prayer for the day! "I will give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning me!"
I thank you God for blessing me beyond all measure. Even in the difficult times, I thank you and run to you. Thank you for a great man of God who loves me. I am in awe of You and your love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment