Saturday, August 14, 2010

The beginning of my trip

While I am in Maryland visiting my family, I thought I would blog about my trip.
For those who don't know me well, I grew up in Maryland and only came to Texas when I got married. Although Texas is my home now, the East Coast holds a very fond place in my heart...mostly because my family is there and I love them so much.
I try to get home every Christmas and at least once or twice a year in addition to the holidays, as my health permits me.
Right now I am "home" visiting my family!
So far, my trip has been restful. My family doesn't overdo it because they don't want to have me get sick or exhausted. We are planning to go to Pennsylvania in a week or so, but the rest of my trip will be spent in Maryland and Virginia.
The best part of my trip up until now has been being in the Shenandoah mountains. It's so beautiful there. My grandfather and grandmother were brilliant years ago when they purchased property in the Shenandoah mountains. They have since passed on, and my father has possession of the property now, and I love going there. It's so wonderful being there. It's about 1 and 1/2 hours from D.C., so it's out of the big city but still close enough to drive back to the house in Maryland where I grew up. The house itself is quaint, and it holds so many memories for me. I was young when my grandparents retired there, so I can remember vacationing there with my sisters. I remember making peanut butter rice krispy treats in the kitchen with my grandfather. I remember him in sadder times sitting in his brown recliner as he was sick from renal failure. I remember visiting my grandmother and going to church with her in town. That house and the town of Front Royal, Virginia, hold so many memories. That's why I love visiting when I am home.
My sister and brother in law live in Virginia now and have a church in Front Royal, and my nieces are there too. They are still little and cute and they idolize their aunt Ami. It's fun visiting.
After coming back to Maryland from Virginia, we had an invite to my older sister's house for dinner. That's always enjoyable because I get to see my niece and two nephews. We played the Family Feud for the Wii Video Game System. It was fun.
I also got to see my friends at church in Maryland on Wednesday night. I am looking forward to seeing them on Sunday too.
So that's what I have been up to besides sleeping in and resting!
I will keep you updated as often as I can while I am on my trip.
I know my trip will go faster than I want it too! But the good thing is that I have my husband to come home to. I am missing him already!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment