Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Vacation 8/26/10

Today has been a great day. This whole week has been a great week. I have enjoyed every moment of my trip. It has been so much fun.
We traveled to Pennsylvania on Monday. I say "WE" and I mean my dad, mom and me along with my best friend Julie. We traveled to Lancaster and did some shopping and visited some sites and then on Tuesday we went to the Sight and Sound Theater to watch the Joseph show with Julie and her parents. It was fabulous. We ate at this restaurant called Good and Plenty. It was an authentic Amish restaurant that had the best buttered noodles. It was great.
Then my parents left me and my best friend to spend a few days together. On Wednesday, we went to see Julie's sister who is also a friend of mine. She and her husband have the 3 cutest boys and a precious little girl. I got to go peach picking with them at this quaint little orchard. On Thursday, Julie and I went to visit this cute town called St. Peter's Village. They had this great little bakery, and the scenery was just amazing. These kids were jumping in these deep water holes where the rocks were hundreds of feet high up. It was so beautiful to see God's creation and to enjoy it with my very best friend. I'll never forget it!
Then we went to see her grandmother, and it was so nice to spend some time with "maw-maw." We took her some treats and gifts, and I think she was happy for them.
Perhaps the greatest time was just being together and talking and sharing memories, secrets and thoughts. It's fun to be with old friends, especially Julie. With some people, you can just pick up where you left off. That's the mark of a good friend. I can do that with few people, and my friends Julie and Stephanie are two of these who can do that with! I love that! I love my life and my friends. I am so thankful for good friends!
Tomorrow I leave, but I'm leaving with the best memories I could have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment