Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Parents, My Best Friends

I'm here!
I'm finally here on my vacation. I'm in Maryland, enjoying the people I love the most.
I love the feeling that I get when I'm here in Maryland. It's a feeling of comfort and peace. I just love relaxing with my folks. My favorite thing to do is to sit on the couch in the basement with my mom and dad just drinking coffee and talking with them about everything that is going on in our lives. I love just being with my parents.
There is something about getting older and having a relationship with your parents. When you are young, their job is to correct and mold you into good Christian adults. There was a time when I thought that I would never be friends with my parents. I remember butting heads with my mom more than once a day when I was a teenager.
But now I can't imagine life without my mom and my dad, both of whom are my best friends.
God has given me the gift of a relationship with my parents. I know how fortunate I am that my parents are open and loving. They share wisdom about life and how to live right. They have experience that I don't have, and I can glean so much wisdom from them. I want to grab all of the knowledge I can from them while they are here. That is why I want to spend every bit of time I can with them.
I am forever grateful for this special time that I have with them. They are my heroes and the kindest and most loving people I know.
I am so excited about this vacation, and I'm even more excited about the time that I'll get to spend with my two best friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad you are feeling better and are able to take this vacation! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete