Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update on my condition

Well, I thought that I would write a little blog to update all of my friends and family who want to know what's going on in my life.

I went to John's Hopkins University Hospital today. The good thing was that the 2 doctors that I saw were wonderful. They were so thorough and EVERYTHING I had hoped they would be. I praise God for that.

The bad news is that they were not very hopeful about my stomach situation. She explained that my stomach is like a sink. It doesn't move and it has a drain at the bottom. ANYTHING put into my stomach clogs the drain. So anyway, they are making me eat NOTHING at all by mouth. I mean NOTHING. I can have a little bit of water and less than liter of beverages during the day. She wants me to come back in two weeks. They are going to run some tests in the mean time to check my pancreas. She is concerned about the fact that I am on a lot of steroids and I'm in a lot of pain. But we're just taking things one step at a time.

The bad thing is that I will have to be away from my husband and my Texas family for longer than expected. I just know, though, that I am in good hands. My Kevin is so good to me and he wants me to get the top notch care.

They are talking about doing a surgery to put another tube in my stomach. It would help tremendously with the nausea and sickness. We aren't 100% sure whether we'll do the surgery here or back home. We will find out in 2 weeks what we're going to do about that.

There are a lot of decisions to make in these next few days. I really covet your prayers and ask that you pray for wisdom.

Kevin is planning to visit me and hopefully come to my next doctor's appointment here. Pray for finances and for wisdom for us. We are just wanting to do the best thing for my health.

Even though the doctors are not very hopeful, I know that Jesus is the great physician and He can do all of the healing I need. I know that the Lord is going to get all of the glory through all of these circumstances.

I am SO thankful for the Lord and all of the Love He has given me in my life. I can go through these trials. I just think of all of the Lord has blessed me with, and I will NOT complain about these things. I am not going to give the devil any place for any foothold. I have to stay strong and just focus on the Lord. Fully rely on God. That's what I'm doing right now.

Please pray for me to be strong. I can't make it without your praerys.

This is my update. I will keep you posted as to what the tests say and how long I'm going to be here in Maryland.

Thanks for the prayers for me and my husband Kevin!!!

Love you all,

Ami

3 comments:

  1. Praying in agreement with you, God is good and is able where men are not! I agree you do have a wonderful husband, on earth and in heaven both can't beat that anywhere! Asking for healing!!
    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also praying in agreement with you. Healing is your portion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for strength, wisdom, peace, assurance, your finances, and HEALING!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete