Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stepping into Art

I am so excited because I am planning to take this art class in October. It's a 6 week art class and it's called art journaling. It combines art forms with writing. I am comfortable writing, but I'm not so sure how I feel about my skills as an artist. I am so anxious to see just how I can do.
It's fun in life to press yourself to do things you normally wouldn't. I never imagined in a million years that I might have a talent at art, but after taking a one-night painting course, I painted this beautiful picture. It boosted my confidence and inspired me to do more. I can't WAIT to take this next course.
I believe that God has given us talents and what we do with them is up to us. Just think about life and the beauty that God gave us to enjoy. I hope that by trying my hand at something new, I can uncover a talent that might inspire or uplift someone else.
I can't wait to take the class. If any of my Texarkana friends are interested in taking the course, you should go to www.trahc.org or message me on this blog. It is going to be an amazing and inspiring class!
Stepping out of your comfort zone is what life is all about. I hope you'll step out and really discover more about yourself, just like I am doing.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so cool! I hope you'll take pictures of some of what you're doing and post them in your blog! :) Would love to see how the 2 go together! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete