Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My home

Well, I am FINALLY home.
I have never traveled so much in such a short time.
From Texas to Maryland to Virginia back to Maryland back to Virginia back to Maryland to Pennsylvania back to Maryland back to Texas. Then once I got back to Texas I went on another trip to my sister-in-law's house 2 1/2 hours away.
But NOW I AM HOME.
It's funny how much you miss but don't realize you miss until you come back.
Like I didn't realize how much I'd miss my bed. I have never had such a good sleep until I got home. I don't think I moved once last night. I woke up and my back felt better and I just felt rested.
And my mirror. Putting on my makeup was great. I didn't realize the difference my mirror makes. I mean, it doesn't make me look better(I wish!), but I could put on my makeup faster and the lighting was perfect.
Of course, it's nice to have the things you like at your fingertips...the kinds of foods and your favorite chair to sit in.
But most of all it's nice to have the one you love.
On my trip I got to see many people that I love...my mom, my dad, my sisters and my best friend. I got to see my adopted grandfather and church friends, all of whom are incredibly important to me.
But I missed my husband. It felt so good to be wrapped up in his arms this morning. Something about his hug is home. He is my home. I don't like home without him. Home isn't home unless He's there.
He is my home, and I can only wish everyone in their lifetime could have a home as wonderful as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment