Friday, February 1, 2013

Changing Attitudes and Fruit of the Spirit: LOVE

So, it's the beginning of February, and if I'm honest with everyone, It's been kind of a frustrating past couple of months. Really...if I'm terribly honest...years. But I'm done with that. I'm done with the past. I'm looking on to the future with Christ and the future as I walk down this path of life. This BEAUTIFUL, Scary, Strange, but totally Worth it Life.
A beautiful friend gave me the most beautiful 2013 journal with a card that told me to start writing in February and seeing the joy and miracles that will happen this year.
I had been sulking quite a bit since my diagnosis and chronic troubles that are plaguing my quality of life. So when she gave me this journal, I decided that I would do just that...Chronicle this year that God is going to do some things in my life. I'm carrying my journal with me wherever I go so that I can record the things God wants to teach me.
It kindof hit me when the Lord reminded me of a promise I made to Him. I can't remember the exact date I promised Him this, but I said these words to the Lord one day not so long ago. I said, "Lord, I'm going to serve You in Good and Bad, and in Sunshine and in Shade."
Well, I haven't been doing such a good job.
So I'm trying to turn the corner, and so I'm going to make this short and sweet. I'm going to take the rest of the year and focus on a fruit of the spirit that the Bible mentions, and I'm really going to think about it, blog about it, mention it, study it, and really try to get myself thinking more about my promise to God. I can't do a lot, but I can write and share my life and what helps me as I go through this trial. I don't know about you, but I can't relate with people that have perfect lives. I need to see scars. I need to see people that fail, but that pick themselves up again. So as I write as much as I can, I promise to be honest. This month of course is February, so I'm going to talk about love a lot. I may not write every day, but I'll be writing so be checking back...
AND if you notice on facebook, I'll be posting things about the fruit of the spirit, and mostly about love this month...

Thanks! And thanks for the prayers. I can tell my friends and family are praying for me because I am feeling stronger spiritually.

Galatians 5:22-23 NIV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments:

Post a Comment