Thursday, October 7, 2010

My day 10/7/10

I promise to start blogging more. This is a promise to myself. It helps alleviate stress for me and it gets me writing which is what is exciting for me.\

Tonight I am being boring and sharing what is going on in my life.

First thing is that I am addicted to the show Man vs. Food on the Travel channel. He is crazy on that show.This guy named Adam comes in and eats these ridiculously amazing foods. For instance, I watched an episode where he had to eat 6 huge steaks on a bed of French fries and mushroom chili sauce. He didn't finish it all, but he tried. Many of the challenges he wins, but some he loses. Tonight he lost to a 9 pound breakfast burrito. It is a very entertaining show, and I enjoy it. I just wonder who thinks of these gargantuan items of food to eat. They are massive. I wonder how he is not a million pounds by now. He's going to die of a heart attack or something.

Then secondly, I am frustrated because they found a 'benign hemangioma' in my back. It's a small little benign tumor, but I don't know if it's something I should worry about or not. I think I worry too much, but It's my body and it's still scary. I had an MRI done, but I can't understand the report because a lot of it is written in doctor's jargon. I say that to say this...there is no use worrying about tomorrow because the Bible says be anxious for nothing. I have to keep that in my mind. I can't worry about things because it does NO good for me. i do wish doctors would put themselves in their patient's position once in a while and I think the'd be kinder, gentler and a whole lot more concerned.

Thirdly, I finished a really good book tonight called "The Boleyn Inheritance." It was fabulously written and I just loved every bit of it. I must find another book to suit my fancy. I am fascinated with King Henry V(((. He was a fascinating man alright. He killed two of his wives. The story was so good. It was part fiction and partly true. I loved it.

So that's today in a nutshell. I also had to wait at the doctors office for 3 hours to get on an antibiotic so I don't get pneumonia. So that was okay because it helped me read my book. I'm so glad I've finished it. I feel alone now and I must find a new book to satisfy me.

I hope my life isn't too boring. I just thought I'd share my activities of the day. Hope yours was as good as mine.

3 comments:

  1. Your life is NOT boring. and reading how your day is going helps me to pray for you better. I realized you meant Henry the 8th but I had to look at my keyboard to see that. (insert cheesy grin here). It is sad that bedside manner is not taught in medical school now a days, it really shows how much our society is lacking compassion and mercy.
    love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for writing more!! Like reading what my friends are up to bcs it helps me stay connected...it's more detailed than a FB status. It helps me know how to pray for them esp. since most of us live in other states!

    I'll have to check out Man vs. Food...sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to know I am not the only one that hangs-out to see if Adam can eat it all! My most favorite recently is when he ate the "Jumboli" as opposed to Stromboli....7pds...he did it!! I do not believe any life is boring.....ESPECIALLY one lived for Christ!! The world thinks they have it going on, life hid in Christ is always an adventure......Love You....Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete