Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Latest 3/11

Dearest Friends and Family,
I wanted to let you know basically what is going on and what will be happening with me for the next few days and weeks.
I am going to be admitted to John’s Hopkins on Monday 3/13. They are taking out my feeding tube (J Tube), because it was infected. Apparently, once you get an infection inside of the tube, It doesn’t clear up and you have to get it out and let it heal before you put another tube in.
They are going to take out the old feeding tube and put in a central line which is like a temporary port going through your chest. I will be able to get fed by an IV to my chest until April 3, which is the date for my surgery. Home health will have to come every day to administer the food and make sure things are sterile and that I’m okay. I will pretty much be homebound from now until April 3rd.
Of course, Things may change (as they always seem to with me!) but for now, I am scheduled to have the pacemaker surgery on April 3rd. They are planning to put in a pacemaker to see if that will help my stomach move and improve the nausea. If it does, then they’ll count it a success, and I may try eating something small. But they are still afraid that my pancreas is going to flare because I have chronic pancreatitis. They are not sure if, when I eat again, it will resurface. If it does, or if the pacemaker is NOT successful, they will do a surgery to take out most of my stomach and pancreas. They want to try the least invasive first, and then move on to more riskier surgeries if need be. They are not going to let me go home; however, until my issues are resolved.
I know and have a peace that I am in the right place. It’s just going to be hard for the next 8 weeks to 2 months or more. Please just pray for me that God will work His will and way and that things will work how they are supposed to according to His plan!
Kevin has been here in town visiting and we were able to go to the National Harbor in Maryland, nearby Washington, D.C. and Alexandria, Va. It was beautiful and breathtaking, and a wonderful time together. I loved every minute of my time with my husband. These next few days in the hospital will be hard, but I will have God holding my hand and my husband’s hand there too. Not to mention, the prayers from my family and friends.
I also feel so badly for my parents and family. They are all pitching in to take care of me…my mom and dad as well as Cherie and Betsy. Darla is in the hospital herself very pregnant with twins, so you can imagine how all of this news is affecting mom and dad. I know they are worried for both of their daughters, and they have their own struggles. It’s hard for me to not feel guilty for putting so much responsibility on them. I know they love me and are so thankful I am here, but it still is difficult, nevertheless!
Thank you for praying for me! My prayer is that I will live with all joy because I know that ALL things work together for Good to those who love God! And I do love God!
And I love you all.
Keep praying and don’t stop.
GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment